Boat House, Daingerfield State Park, 2008
Designed in the summer of 1937, the boat house of cast-in-place concrete is interrupted by horizontal bands of wood louvers. This narrow, rectangular structure with one end chamfered is capped with a generous roof overhang that gives it a light, airy feel. The surrounding support columns are typically paired, adding rhythm to the composition.
TPWD John Chandler