Pavilion, Mother Neff State Park, c. 1935
The limestone ledge and rock shelters found in the area inspired architect Guy Newhall's designs of the pavilion and its flanking pergolas. The building is constructed of cut limestone blocks, set in a random ashlar pattern. Note the subtle planes of the front façade, providing depth and framing the Romanesque arch. Floods destroyed the pergolas shortly after the CCC completed their work in 1938.
The Texas Collection, Baylor University, Waco, Texas