Refectory, Lake Corpus Christi State Park, c. 1940

The men of CCC Company 886, under the tutelage of LEMs (local experienced men), constructed the refectory/combination building using caliche crete blocks laid up in a random ashlar pattern. The broad steps, made of bricks laid on edge in a rowlock pattern, lead from the terrace up to the overlook tower.

National Park Service/National Archives and Records Administration

Also See