CCC Camp, Lake Corpus Christi State Park, April 1935

Company 886 established Camp Kleberg in the spring of 1934, naming it for Congressman Richard Kleberg, a supporter of early New Deal programs including the CCC. They lived in barracks that had been built to a standardized U.S. Army plan. The entrance to the park is at the far end of the road extending left from the flag pole.

Texas Parks and Wildlife

Also See