Interior of Combination Building, Lake Brownwood State Park, c. 1954

Originally designed and constructed by the CWA in the early 1930s, CCC Company 849 renovated the building in 1937, resulting in major modifications to the door and window placement and the addition of this grand limestone archway. This room, labeled "Dancing" in the drawing set, shows the grand limestone archway, exposed ceiling, and original light fixtures. The doors and windows in the background and the oak floors are also part of the CCC additions.

National Archives and Records Administration

Also See