Fishermen's Barracks No. 1, Lake Brownwood State Park, June 30, 1938

Designed and drafted by architect J. F. Doyle, this drawing shows the plan, elevations, and details of the stone and wood barracks for fishermen. The building served as Headquarters for the 36th Infantry Division of the Texas National Guard when the park was used as its Recreation and Training area from late 1941 until the unit was called into action during World War II. (A proposed second fishermen's barracks was not constructed.)

Texas Parks and Wildlife/Texas State Library and Archives

Also See