Pool Construction, Balmorhea State Park, January 9, 1936
During the final stages of pool construction Company 1856 prepared and fitted together stone sections in the wading area, the walls having already been finished. The individuals at topside tables are rough-working the stone and those in the pool bottom are fitting the stones. Camp commander, 1st Lt. J. D. Sellars, stands at the edge of the pool (right), wearing his cavalry boots, and construction superintendent Howard T. Trigg is leftmost in that trio. Pool construction alone used about 30,000 square feet of hand-finished stone.
Texas Parks and Wildlife